Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Dating In DC 101 ~ Relationship Red Flags


Relationship Red Flags
 

Navigating the road to love can be tricky, so you need to be aware of the signs you see during your journey, especially the Red Flags. Although there are a myriad of signs, I will just name a few.

 

1.   He still lives at home

Okay I get it. Situations may arise in one’s life that causes them to return to the nest. Illness, losing a job, elderly parents, I get that. Well losing a job, I’d have to think on that one, but anyway there are some legitimate reasons why a man is still living at home. So is living at home really a red flag?
 
Yes! Men who still live at home are in no hurry to grow up, become independent or financially responsible. Are those things you would want in a future partner? If you’re not careful he’ll trade in his momma’s couch for yours.
 

2.  He never invites you over
 
“My place is a mess. I live in a bad neighborhood. My boy is going through some relationship problems and is on my couch.” Yeah right.

If he never wants you to come over and always wants to hang out at your place ask yourself why. Does he have a family he’s not telling you about, is he in a relationship with someone else?  Or refer to Relationship Red Flag #1 “He still lives at home.”

 
3.  He constantly talks bad about an ex

So he had a bad relationship, she cheated, she lied, she slept with his friends. He’s hurt and is learning how to trust again. BUT, you’re not his therapist.

It could be that he has not gotten over her. He may deflect his animosity about his ex on to you. He may control you because she betrayed hm.

Your relationship should be about you two; not you, him and her.


In all things that you do look at the signs, don’t ignore them. Weigh the pros and cons. Ask yourself would you want your daughter, sister or best friend to be in a relationship with this person?

 

Follow your instincts, don’t ignore them. It’s the universes way of alerting you to “Red Flags are Ahead!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment