Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dating In DC 101 ~ "What Men Want"

Hello stranger. Oh, it was me who disappeared on you. You know how it is; life, vacation, work, and did I say life? Well that's no excuse for deserting a friend. My apologies, but I'm back baby!

So where did we leave off? We were checking out the book "What Men Want" and we were up to Chapter 5, "The First Date", Part II. Wow, this is one long chapter. In Chapter 5 our three bachelors talked about the dream date, the nightmare date and where to go.

Now we are ready for:



Chapter 5 ~ "The First Date" Part III

Go With the Flow

He suggest somewhere or something that you really aren't interested in doing, but our bachelors suggest just going with the flow. So what if it is a work night or past your self-appointed bedtime, you can DVR that episode of Jeopardy you've seen 100 times. If all goes well on that first date, you can negotiate the place and time of the second one.

If you have to end the date early let him know you had a great time, and you'd like to see him again. If you had a terrible time, go to the ladies room and disappear (just kidding). But I'm sure he can sense when there will be no follow-up date.

Now it's time to pay the piper, I mean the waiter. 

Who Pays?

If he asks you out on the first date then definitely he should pay. Check him out by offering to contribute to the bill, if he accepts, put him on the "Not Going To See Him Again" list.

If it's a full night of dinner, drinks, cabs, coffee, then offer to buy a round of drinks or pay for the coffee. Just take care of it discreetly and he will appreciate the gesture. Casually mention as he reaches yet again for his wallet, "I took care of this round." 

A Second Date?

If he asks about a second date he is interested in you, so be prepared. Don't act coy and uninterested if you aren't coy and uninterested. If you like him let him know.

"I'll Call You"

If he barely slows the care down to drop you off and yells "I'll call you" from the moving car, don't expect him to. He's already deleting your number from his cell at the next stop sign.

Ignore it, don't analyze it, just know he ain't calling and move on.

There are those who are just serial first daters, sometimes those first dates can turn in to long lasting relationships.

Smooches & Happy Dating!

1 comment: