Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just Saying ~ Real Life Can Be Better Than Fiction or Just As Good



Recently I read and did a review of "Up the Way," by Ben. I went along with the books scenario of rogue female corrections officers having sex with inmates, dealing drugs, and smuggling items in and out of the penitentiary. Sure it could happen I suppose, but on that level? I scoffed, but settled on the fact that it is fiction after all.

Fast forward to yesterday's Washington Post's Headline, "13 corrections officers indicted in Maryland, accused of aiding gang's drug scheme." Well how do you like them apples?

To summarize, 4 women corrections officers got pregnant by a leader of the Black Guerilla Family (BGF). Really, the "Black Guerilla Family"? Did they sit around and vote on the name? "I like "Pit Bulls Bite," no I like "Dangerous Dudes," no I think we should be called the "Black Guerilla Family," and everyone in the room high fives each other. It could happen, no really it could.

The article continued, that along with these 4 officers, 11 other officers "helped leaders of the Black Guerilla Family run their criminal enterprise in jail by smuggling cellphones, prescription pills and other contraband in their underwear, shoes and hair." The list of criminal activities go on and on.

So Ben it seems you either bared witness to actual events while you were "Up the Way," or you have a heck of an imagination. Either way, I see your book in a whole different light and it deserves a second read.

Just Saying.....


2 comments: