Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Dating In DC 101 ~ Valentine's Day Aftermath

Any Fall Out From Valentine's Day?

My Valentine's Day was pretty special considering my past experiences. No, I didn't spend it with the love of my life, but I did spend it with one of my very best "female" friends. 

We had dinner at a local seafood buffet. The food was exceptional: Crab legs, Lobster Tails, Shrimp, and Ribs; you name it, they had it. The ambiance, not so much; No fine china, plastic cups, stacks of napkins, troths of cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, and reconstructed butter flavored oil. After all it is a buffet. Speakers filled the restaurant with the sounds of customers singing Karaoke from a back room.

Soon the lines formed at the front door, full of couples creating their own Valentine's Day experiences.



I watched the faces as they poured in. The females of the younger couples were happy to be out with their boyfriends, with the "He chose me to spend the day with," looks on their faces. The males of those same couples puffed out their chests at the mere fact that they did something special for their girlfriends.

The older couples, who seemed to have been together for years were just glad to be out and get some great food. Glad to have made it this far, after so much, still together.

I guess couples who were new and still in the "Honeymoon" phase chose a more romantic venue to celebrate their love.

After we finished our dinner we headed off to a local bar "The Bottom Line". When we entered, the cocktail waitresses greeted us eagerly with "Happy Valentine's Day" and made us feel as if we were part of the "Bottom Line" family. One waitress ushered us to the bar to read off the Valentine's Day cocktail list, on special of course: Chocolate Kisses, Cotton Candy Vodka, and  Peach Schnapps to name a few. Sounds like a hangover waiting to happen. We pass, and stick with our traditional cocktails. Me, a Vodka Tonic and my girlfriend a Cadillac Margarita.

We nestle in to a booth that offers a view of the entire bar. It is easy to see that most of the customers are regulars and have decided to spend their Valentine's Day at a place that has some familiarity.

Minutes after we sit down a guy approaches our table, "Can I sit with you ladies?" I don't respond and let my girlfriend, the social butterfly take over. "Sure, pull up a chair," she responds. Before either can debate whether he should sit in the booth with us or whether he should pull up a chair, they try to identify the song playing on the juke box, yes I said juke box. I can't remember the song now, but he recognized the artist "Confunkshun". That earned him a seat at the booth.

He bought drinks and offered some interesting conversation, but for me he tended to be a little annoying. He knows this one and that one, he's been here and there, he's building a house in Barcelona, he can cook, he can sing, he can juggle balls in the air, five at a time. Okay, I just threw that one in. His name he says is "Delicious", I refused to even mouth that word.

My girlfriend relentlessly asks why he is there alone on Valentine's Day. Finally he surrenders his version of the truth. His girlfriend doesn't understand his relationship with his four daughters and is jealous, so he is punishing her by staying away on Valentine's Day. Really? But you're here in a bar soliciting numbers and trying to get your mack on? His cell is constantly ringing, but he's not answering.

We deduce at nights end that he told her that he had to work late, and headed to her after he left the bar. Just be real guys. Let us know your real intentions, instead of weaving a web of lies. Eventually you will be found out.

Relationships are best built on honesty, mutual understanding, and respect. Always remember if you are deceitful, your mate maybe giving you exactly what you are giving them.

Smooches!


No comments:

Post a Comment