Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Urban Literature Under Review - "The Rejected Stone" by Reverend Al Sharpton

.

I recently attended Reverend Al Sharpton’s book signing “The Rejected Stone” at the Martin Luther King, Jr., Library in Washington, DC.  Although I didn’t stay long enough to get a photo op and my book signed (my car was in a public garage and it closed at 9pm), I did get a chance to hear him speak.

He talked about the books title, “The Rejected Stone” and why he chose that title and refused to change it even at the prompting of others.

If you are not familiar with the title it comes from the Bible phrase “THE STONE THE BUILDERS REJECTED HAS BECOME THE CAPSTONE” - appearing first at Psalm 118:22, recurs at Matthew 21:42, Mark 12:10, Luke 20:17, Acts 4:11 and 1 Peter 2:7, making it one of the New Testament's most repeated phrases.

He went on to explain that he like most of us has been a rejected stone at some points in our lives. No one believes in our vision, no one supports our dreams, it can't be done they say.

Naysayers!

Ah, but we've proved them wrong. We have become the building block, the foundation, "The Stone The Builders Rejected Has Become The Capstone".

That's what his book is about. Following your passion, pushing past rejection, and believing in yourself and your dreams despite what others may think. 

Yes, you may fail. Yes, they may mock you. Yes, things may not turn out as you thought they might. But at the end of the day, stay true to yourself and your passion and move forward.

Each Chapter is a "Life Lesson For These Changing Times" and he has 25 of them.

As I read, I'll share with you what lessons I've learned that can be applied to my own life and my journey.

It looks like it's going to be a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment