Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Reading List ~ What Are You Reading?




Oh the reading list just keeps growing and growing. As a writer I figured I should read more. I’ve never been an avid reader. If a book or article didn’t peak my interest in the first few chapters or even pages it was thrown to the side. There are even books I started reading and now I can’t find to finish (my blog post about what men want). So we move on. No need to dwell on the negative.  I resolved to read more in 2014 not just for entertainment but to develop my writing style, learn a few things, and just to see what is in someone else’s mind.

So here is my current reading list:

“The Rejected Stone” by Al Sharpton

I got this book the end of October and am only on Chapter 9 of 23 Chapters. It’s pretty good and a quick read if I would just apply myself.

“82nd Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition Collection”

I got this book in the mail around Christmas and thought someone had sent it to me as a Christmas gift, but eventually realized I had ordered months before. I decided to get this book of compilations of Writer Digest winners to see what they might be looking for since I’ve never won.

I have barely cracked the seal, but going to move it up on my reading list. Another contest is coming in May.

I recently discovered that I could download the Kindle app on my phone and that are free books in available for download.

Here are my 3 eBooks:

“2014 Devotional Collection, Daily Wisdom for Women”

I’m current on this, every morning on the train ride in to work I read my inspiration for the day. The weekends can be kind of tricky but I try to start my day with some inspiration.

“Life Skills, How to do Almost Anything” by the Chicago Tribune

I downloaded this without reading the synopsis. I thought it was a book about being self-motivated, be your authentic self, blah, blah, blah.

I quickly found out in the first chapter “Arrange Flowers” that this was not that kind of book. But it still took me a while to get it because while the author was talking about flower selection and arrangement I thought it was an analogy of selecting and arranging one’s life goals. Not! Chapter 2 “Clean a bathroom” well at least I have some helpful tips so I’ll keep reading.

“How to Work for Yourself” by Bryan Cohen

Now this is what I’ve been looking for in a free book. Easy steps to success, I’m 2 chapters in and they revolve around time management. I ain’t got time for that!


What’s on Your Reading List?

No comments:

Post a Comment