Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Putting Pen2Paper ~ Federal Government Shut Down



Today the Federal Government Shut Down and over 700,000 employees were furloughed and sent home.

I don't profess to be a Politico by any means, so I won't speak to the politics surrounding the shut down.

What I can share are my personal feelings and the feelings of those that I know and come in contact with on a day-to-day basis.


  • Some a terrified that this shut down will be long-lasting and we won't get paid for our time off.
  • Some have paid up all their bills in the event we don't get back pay.
  • Some have pocketed all their money in the event we don't get back pay.
  • The stores, small businesses and establishments that surround my immediate area were barren and the owners showed a sense of anxiousness. No Federal Employees no income.
Me, I'm taking this opportunity to focus on future endeavors, get organized, and take a few naps here and there. I also hope to get to the track to run a couple of times too (don't bet your pay check on that).

I'm thinking about painting my bedroom and my guest room, so maybe I will get that done. It's also time to pack away the summer clothes and clean out the closet, even though we are expected to have temperatures in the high 80's here in the District over the next couple of days.

Whatever your situation, wherever you are, take this opportunity to either get involved, get something done, or if you like do nothing at all. A friend has pegged this "Fabulous Furlough". 

It might seem fabulous today, but can get ugly really quickly if we don't get that back pay!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment