Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dating In DC 101

Today one of my friends asked if I would want my son to date a woman like me, "Hell No," excuse my language. But it got me thinking. I like who I am as a person, I enjoy being with me, I really don't have any drama or hang-ups to speak of, but I know that who I am is not who he needs. And that's okay.

As I thought about it a little more, it presented me with more questions than answers. Why do women date men that they wouldn't dare accept as their daughter's mate? Why do men treat women disrespectfully, but would kill if a another man treated their daughter that way? Why?

I guess the logical answer is that we want more for our children. Better careers, better education, better lives, and better relationships. What we need to remember is that we as parents or role models set the example, and at the end of the day we should want more for ourselves.

Follow me on Twitter at Dating In DC 101.

Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment