Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Writing Series ~ Power House


I look up from my journal and squint to see the clock on top of my T.V. Damn, it’s almost 1:00 am, but I’m in the zone and continue writing.

When the lobby door opens Amari is still holding on to my arm and is pulling me out of the elevator and across the lobby floor, then out to the sidewalk. She looks around to make sure no one is in ear shot. I finally break free of her grasp, “Your boss K.C. is one scandalous individual.” I’m looking at her perplexed because from what I’ve seen working with K.C. he has been nothing but kind and upstanding but be damn sure I’m listening to what Amari has to say. We cross the street and sit on a bench facing the Capital. She places her Fendi briefcase between us on the bench and rifles through it. I’m watching her but secretly thinking, “Damn that’s a nice ass briefcase.” She pulls a folder out and starts flipping through pieces of paper. “What are you looking for?” I ask. I don’t have all day to sit out here, I have work to do and I’m sure by now K.C. is looking for me. “K.C. introduced me to Councilman Bret Gray about four years ago at a function the law firm was hosting. I’ve known K.C. for years through a mutual friend. Anyway, Bret and I developed a relationship, well not a real relationship, but sort of.” Okay now I’m getting really irritated with the double talk. Just spit it out already. “I really considered him a special friend and introduced him to some of the things I was in to.” Now I’m thinking, so who is the shady one? What kinds of things is this girl in to. She continued, “I have this group of girls, you know, we hang out, go to all the A-list parties, and know all the right people...” She peers at me over the top of her huge sunglasses. “Well Bret was getting quite comfortable with me and my girls and we were comfortable with him.” The sound of a siren from a passing police cruiser breaks our focus. “You were saying?” I bring the attention back to the matter at hand. “Well I have a connect at the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown…”

 

To Be Continued...

1 comment: