Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dating In DC 101 ~ Interracial Dating


How many different flavors of ice cream do you like? How many types of food make you salivate? How many colors in the rainbow make you smile? Diversity is one of the many pleasures that the world has to offer so why should you limit your relationships to one race or ethnicity?

Me personally have never dated outside of my race, not because of any preconceived notions or taboos, just simply because no one has asked me. It could be that I haven’t been in the right places or in the right circumstances to meet someone. Maybe I don’t seem approachable; I’m not sure what keeps them at bay, but I’m ready to explore and experience the different colors of the rainbow and all that it has to offer.

Recently I joined Interracial Dating and Social Connections (IDSocialConnect) based in Arlington, VA in hopes of expanding my horizons.

I reached out to Chasta Piatakovas, the organizer of IDSocialConnect, to get some advice for myself and others who are ready and willing to diversify but not sure where to begin.

Here’s what she shared:
 
“I’ve always dated interracially. I’m a Black woman that doesn’t limit myself to dating one particular race. Being single isn’t easy and I think when singles say no to dating outside their race it greatly limits their chances to finding Mr. or Ms. Right.
Diversifying your dating pool simply means allowing yourself to be open to new experiences, and not allowing race to be a dating preference. Spend time where the singles hang out and remember to be flirtatious and open-minded. Men approach women (regardless of race) who display open body language (i.e., sitting legs apart, giving eye contact, playing with hair, and exposing neck and inner wrists). No matter how beautiful you are, if you look intimidating or uninterested, men—black or non-black—will not approach you.”

Please check out IDSocialConnect at www.meetup.com/idsocialconnect.IDSocialConnect is the largest interracial singles and second largest interracial dating Meetup Group with 1,142 members.
 


small IDSocialConnect logo.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment