Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Writing Series ~ Power House


Monday morning, 6:00 am and the buzz of the alarm clock startles me from my sleep.  Damn, I’m so tired, I know I should’ve taken my behind to sleep last night. I fling my legs over the side of the bed and force myself to sit erect. Maybe I can get five more minutes, no way, no how. Today is my first day at Power House and I want to be early and I want to bring it big time. 

I hit the bathroom, plug in the flat iron, turn on the shower, and brush my teeth. Now I’m starting to feel connected. As I step in the shower, my mind races to last night. Mental note: don’t forget to grab your journal. If Ian wants a story idea, I’ve got one for him. All that drama between Amari, my old boss K.C. and Councilmember Gray is sure to secure me a by-line, but I gotta play it just right. Hell, she gave me enough dirt to fill an entire magazine for issues to come, and I’m gonna spoon feed it to them like no body’s business.

Thank God I got my clothes ready last night ‘cause I sure don’t feel like hooking up a winning outfit this morning. Got to put on my smell goods, CoCo Chanel drives them crazy. Not that I’m trying to hook up with Ian or anything like that but, I saw him checking me out and he’s got something about him that turns me on. Keep it professional Dominik, no hanky panky. I chuckle to myself as I flat iron some spikes on the top of my hair. I’m feeling a little punk rock-ish today.

The owner and editor Ian Marcel (which I’m sure is a pseudonym) is one of the District’s elite. You know the type, always in black to look mysterious, talks in circles so as to not give out any info that can be traced back to him, and an avid listener. Something about him draws you in and the next thing you know, you’re telling him how you scored some heroin from a Capitol Hill Page.

No one knows how he maneuvered with ease throughout the city, being invited to the most reclusive parties, was told inner most secrets by those who keep this city running, and always seemingly in the right place at the right time. But there he was, always on the cusp of something big. I just know that’s where I want to be, right now, front and center. I’m determined to make my mark and make it stick, no matter what the cost. Okay maybe there are some things I might not be willing to do, but right here and right now I’m trying to make it happen. Opportunities like this only happen once in a life time and I’m gonna work it for all it’s worth.

To Be Continued.... 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment