Taylor Love Tells All

~Taylor Love Tells All, Love's Tragic Comedy

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Subscribe to my YouTube channel "Taylor Love Tells All" to see what's hot and what's not in dating and relationships.

~I also share current projects, what I'm reading, and general discussions on current events, and of course my muses.

~ Why is my Blog called "Pen2PaperToo?" Simple. I couldn't figure out how to change the title to "Taylor Love Tells All..." Lol

Check out my website: www.TaylorLoveTellsAll.com

Smooches!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Writing Series ~ Power House


I look at the clock again, 2:50 am; I better get some shut eye. My mind is still racing and I can’t get comfortable. I lay still thinking about Amari and how we met. Part of me feels like it was a lifetime ago while part of me feels like it was just yesterday. My thoughts take me to my past as I drift to sleep:

I’ve been told all my life to follow my passion. To tap in to what makes me tick, what makes me wake up in the morning and excites me to the core. When I think back, there have always been two things that made me move forward, things that made me dream, and things I yearned for, but never fully attained. They were teaching and writing.

 I remember one year I got a chalk board for Christmas. It was kept in my Grand-Mother’s basement because that was the only place there was room for it. As a child it was bigger than life. Each day I made my lesson plan, and tutored the imaginary students that sat before me. That black board, its’ chalk and eraser gave me the thirst for knowledge, I couldn’t let my students down, they depended on me, they had the same thirst I had, knowing.

 And then there was writing.  When I found my old diary I was amazed that my first entry was made in 1965 documenting my confessions to my Parish’s priest and my impure thoughts about a boy in my class that I no longer have a recollection of. It continued with how many Hail Mary’s and the Lord’s Prayers that I needed to complete to cleanse my soul of the feelings I felt for the boy who sat next to me when I was six years old. Then there are no entries until April 4, 1968, when I was 8 years old. Martin Luther King had been assassinated and I wrote of my city, the District of Columbia, and how it was in turmoil through the eyes of a child. I remember the nuns from my elementary school ushering us to the outlining boundaries and praying for our safe journey home.

When my Grand-Mother passed away the family gathered there to divide the treasures that lay within that small brick, semi-attached row house, the same house that housed my chalk board, and my imaginary students. Damn where the hell did I put that diary.

 

To Be Continued…..

No comments:

Post a Comment